The client works globally and has two similar products like the one we developed for them.
We studied our client’s business model and focused on developing a well-optimized mobile app for food delivery. We wanted to design a single design, user-friendly interface while making the app as simple as few clicks on the mobile device.
We examined their previously developed products to get an overview of their expectations & choices to create this multi-vendor food delivery system.
Saffron Tech developed a unique mobile solution that not only is robust but cost-effective for the client; It is a Multi-vendor Food Delivery system that was created with an aim to provide food delivery at the user’s doorstep in no time. The system allows restaurants from several zones to connect (depending on the location of the user) in order to offer their service.
The idea of the system was communicated with our development team and they started with researching data that helped them gain an edge over our client’s competitors. We then moved to the development process, wherein in the initial stage, we created the wireframes to establish the basic structure of this system before visual design. As for the ideation phase, we created these wireframes presenting information architecture of the future layout.
The system was developed with certain functionalities in mind and the backend was segregated into two respective panels i.e. Admin and User (restaurants), while the frontend has a similar-looking panel like Admin in the backend.
Functionalities and Features
The user panel is an easy-to-use interface that provides the users with the options to sign up with their required details, choose the restaurant they want to order food from, track the order, etc.
- Dashboard: The dashboard has all the stats related to Total Order Received, Total Order Assigned, Total Received by the restaurant, Total Order Ready for pickup, and Total Order ready for Pickups. It keeps on getting refreshed and updated every few seconds.
- Sub Admin Panel: The admin gets to create sub-admins to assign them different roles to handle different tasks.
- Customers: It contains the list of the users that are connected to the system through mobile or website. Information like contact details, order details, etc., is available for the admin to access and modify (mainly in the case of password reset requests).
- Countries: List of the countries where the client operates.
- Cuisines & Menus: This feature contains the list of cuisines that belongs to the restaurants connected with this mobile system. It can be modified by the admin. (same as in the case of menus)
- Restaurant Manager: Admin can manage the information of the restaurants that have signed up with them. He can view the restaurant’s details like delivery timing, address, and what kind of food they offer. It has options like ‘Holidays’ – To manage the holidays/Day offs, ‘Branches’ – (wherever the restaurants have the outlets, and ‘Restaurant Category’ – Food preference i.e. Vegetarian or Non-Vegetarian.
- Restaurant Menu: This feature contains the restaurant menus and options like Items manager and Material Manager. It has the ingredients-based specifications required for restaurants to manage and the admin to monitor.
- Location: Since the client is New Zealand-based, this feature has options for Zones markings – Categorises the restaurants & users according to the location and active delivery zones.
- Order: It is one of the most important features that revolve around the ordering and pickup process.
The panel has various options that reflect the status of the process- NEW ORDER, ACCEPTED ORDER, COOKING, READY, PICKED UP BY RIDER, etc.
The delivery person/rider needs to present a unique ID before starting the journey.
- Earnings-Offers-Promotions: These features allow the admin to view the information related to the revenue they are generating from the restaurants (individually) and in case there are any special offers/promotions to create/view, the admin can access that as well.
- Settings (Payment Settlement): This panel allows the admin to set ‘payment settlement-based settings. If the admin wishes to pay the restaurant on a weekly basis, then he can select the ‘Weekly’ option and the invoice will be generated accordingly. (Same goes for Two weeks or Monthly basis.)
- Reports Manager: This allows the user to collect and manage reports based on the monthly performance of the restaurants and the users’ engagement too.
- Content Manager: It helps manage the FAQs and policies to maintain brand-related transparency for users and restaurants both!
User (Restaurant) Panel
The user panel is quite similar to the admin panel but comes with a few functionalities that are limited for the restaurants to use.
- Dashboard: We created a dashboard that gives easy access to the restaurants and contains the status of all Orders Received, Current Orders, Accepted Orders, Order Ready, etc.
The panel keeps on getting refreshed every once in a while to update the status of the following functions.
- Order History: This feature allows the admin to access the order history as per their requirements.
- Menu Category and Menu Items Manager: These features are unique to every restaurant that has signed up with our client. The system allows them to categorize their menu and manage their items with feasibility.
- Sales: The user can review and manage the sales reports with this option and manage his business goals accordingly. In addition to this, Items Sales Report is also the option that gives him the opportunity to offer his service more effectively. He can check which items have garnered more sales and likewise which haven’t.
- Busy Time Manager: If the restaurant has some time offs during a day or non-working hours, then the user can add this update in the Busy Time Manager’s panel and it will reflect throughout the system.
- Profile: Restaurant’s profile can be managed and modified through this option.
The system was successfully created and delivered to the client. It is targeting customers from certain zones and making sales while adding up to the client’s revenue. The ease in UI/UX is playing a major part in providing convenient access to both the panel users.