Like every year, this year too the India Internet Day, the most influential event in the internet industry of India was celebrated on the 7th of April, this time at the Taj Palace, New Delhi. It was an initiative to analyse the paradigm shifts in the Indian economy, the nature of digital transformation in the business space and focus on the long term horizon in the global internet industry with its impact on Indian internet business.
The grand event, hosted by TiE witnessed some of the influential and leading personalities from different business spheres, all sharing the same platform for exchanging their visionary ideas for a better future of the country. The demonetization in India took a big toll on the economy and since it entered its 6th month, the entrepreneurs, key note speakers and all the professionals present there had a plethora of discussions based on the startups, their future and the Indian economy.
Here let’s get into the details of all the attractions that the event at the Taj witnessed.
The big personalities made their presence: The keynote speakers
The one day conference witnessed prestigious keynote address and talks by some of the big names like Kalyan Krishnamurthy, Chief Operational Officer, Flipkart. Other events were a conversation round on the topic ‘Surfing the Mobile
Video Wave To Access Real India’ with Farid Hasan, Co-Founder and CEO of Sharechat and Satya Raghavan of Google. Some other speakers at the India Internet Day 2017 were Bhavish Aggarwal, Co-Founder and CEO of Ola Cabs, Shreya Mishra, Co Founder of Fly Robe, Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Founder of PayTM among others. All the personalities discussed their take on the Internet’s dominance on Indian economy, digital
transformation and pledged to take the Indian economy to new zenith by 2020. Mr. Gaurav Sabharwal, MD of Saffron Tech
and his team made his presence at the event and took active part in the discussions.
The agendas discussed were highly useful for all the startups and the medium sized businesses that are trying to engage in the highly competitive market. It was helpful for the newly emerging companies to gain more insights into the digital transformation that has been ruling the the global business. The following were discussed in the conference:
- The impact of the Internet on the future of India’s industries. What effect will the Internet have on the Indian economy by 2020
- Surfing the mobile video wave to access the real India
- The possibility of a cashless India
- Future of startups in India
Impact of the conference on Saffron Tech
The Saffron family as a team has always learned to grab various opportunities to grow. Attending the India Internet Day also helped us to be more constructive in our business. We experienced the following:
- Gathered a good deal of information on what is happening in the technological sphere and the awareness of the latest trends in the internet business
- Met the big names from the industry and our MD personally interacted with them
- Got the opportunity to listen to some of the best keynote addresses and take active part in the discussions
- It was the best platform for exploring knowledge and getting ideas and innovation in the field of technology and helped us to be more constructive in our digital transformation business
We were happy to be a part of this wonderful event and looking forward to be a part of it next year. It was a great platform that TiE had provided for sharing knowledge and vision for empowering India by 2020.