The client wanted to develop a mobile app that acted as a service centre and would offer maintenance and repair services in different zones according to the client’s preference.
Our aim was to develop a robust mobile application that would offer maintenance services for elevator, escalator and dumbwaiter.
We developed a highly functional mobile app that is serving as a service centre to its customers in order to meet their maintenance or repair based needs. The frontend of the application is divided into 3 categories which are Web admin, Supervisor and Technician.
As for the backend, there is only one admin – called as Super Admin, and has the following functions:
- Dashboard – Admin can have the statistical and graphical view of the web as well as app on Dashboard. It provides the preview of website at glance with access to common Management tasks.
- User Management – Further divided into three subcategories: Customer Management (where admin can add the customers), Supervisor Management (can manage the supervisor details, track his work etc.) and Technician Management (can manage their availability in-app, time slots etc.)
- PhoneBook Management – Admin can update/view the technicians’ contact details.
- Job Sites – This option allows the admin to add job sites – company name, address, city, phone, time zone, active (status), action (edit or delete).
- Product Type – Products are divided into 3 categories that are Escalators, Elevators and Dumbwaiters – these products can be edited or added by the admin.
- Product Management – This option is an integral part of the app which contains information like Product list, Job Site, Status, Action (edit or delete) and shows product details like Product Type, Product-Id, Unit etc., for admin’s use. The admin can modify these details anytime they wish to!
- Service Management – Options like Service Name/Type – Maintenance, Repair, Shutdown etc., are shown here. Another interesting factor is that our developers have colour-coded the service which means every service is displayed in a different colour.
- Jobs Management – Another important function of the app is Jobs Management. The admin gets to manage the job panel and the interface is the aftermath of the action taken by the customer (when they create the job) and the supervisor (when they assign the job). The admin can access/modify various details like Job reference Id, service, created on, or assign the job, check completed jobs, if the job was billable etc.
- Time Sheet – The timesheet shows the amount of time the technician is spending at the job site.
The frontend of the app has an easy interface with elegant designs throughout the screens.
- Customer Screen
The customer screen contains the following options like phone number, service options, select the product etc. For eg. If the customer wants to raise a ticket or request a service and if they select the option of Clean Down then they need to fill in the details like Product Id, Additional Information, When they’d like the service etc. This will create the ticket number and a real-time notification will be sent to the supervisor.
The supervisor screen is similar to the customer screen but has several different functionalities. One of the most interesting options available in the supervisor interface is the ‘Ping’ option – which is used to know the technician’s location. The supervisor can create jobs and assign them to the technicians based on their availability. Another option available for the supervisor is the ‘Calendar’, where technicians’ availability is displayed along with the work details.
There are three options available in the technician screen –
- Job – This is the screen where assigned and completed jobs are displayed along with arrival date and time, work description, print name for the job etc.
- Home – Updates regarding jobs or services will be displayed on the home screen of the technician.
- Profile – Here the technician can manage his profile based details and modify whenever required.
The application is successfully tending to customers across four different zones in the USA and generating revenue for our client. It is unlike any other application that provides the same services and the easy interface is a plus point.