Falken Tyre is the result of a joint venture between Sumitomo Rubber Industries, the sixth largest tyre conglomerate, and Stamford Tyre Corporation Ltd., who are the world’s largest tyre distributors. Both are the leading names of their specific industries in Asia, joining hands to leverage Sumitomo’s advanced proprietary tyre technologies and Stamford’s top-notch distribution capabilities.
With their mission of ‘enriching people’s lives by providing customers with safe and advanced products’ and a prominent worldwide presence in more than 12 countries, enriching people’s lives in India was now a top priority for them considering the always-increasing hefty tyre consumption prevalent in the country. To strongly mark their entry in a new market, they urgently required a new website and a mobile app and considered us as a perfect fit for the web and mobile development services they required. And we were happy to help, here’s what we did for them…
- We started off by fully revamping the website’s structure and on-site navigational patterns with the help of a new theme. New banners and other visuals were also added to give the website a little extra oomph. We kept the unique blue-sea green colour scheme from their previous website as it has always been associated with their brand, and we kind of liked it as well.
- Revamped the search functionality of the website to make it more accurate and added two separate search dialogue boxes on the website’s header to provide an easy way for users to search for their nearest Falken authorized dealer (Dealer Locator) and the products available on the website (Search Tyre).
- On the previous version of their website, their product section was unsegmented and broadly displayed all their products in the dropdown itself. SInce they only offered tyres, we changed the ‘Product’ section on the website’s header to ‘Tyres’ and further segmented them into the type of vehicles they are used for – Cars, SUVs & Vans – to provide a better navigational experience to website visitors and reduce unnecessary friction.
- We integrated ‘Dealer Locator’ with Google maps to show users the exact location of all the authorized Falken retailers near them with their correct contact information and address, this was done again to enhance the user experience on the website by providing quick information to potential customers.
- Added a prominent ‘Falken Warranty’ box on the homepage to allow customers to claim or track their warranty for a specific tyre they purchased.
- Finally, we worked on the existing content of the website and did optimizations wherever possible. We also worked on adding informational content on the homepage about tyre care & maintenance, measuring durability and other useful details about tyres in general. Since, they didn’t want a blog for their Indian website yet, it was vital to add this information on the website to deliver value.
- We built an equally stunning ‘Falken Tyre India’ mobile app created in .NET MVC Framework which is now available on both Android & iOS platforms.
- The biggest challenge was in creating and developing the warranty claim form, from where users can claim their warranty online through a registration form and in response customer get would their warranty registration ID on website immediately and is sent to customer via SMS and email, the hard part was not actually creating the registration form but making sure the registration ID is sent quickly to the user via SMS and email.